General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Can't get rear lower seat bolt out?!

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2012, 03:59 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Can't get rear lower seat bolt out?!

Ok so I was going to remove the rear lower seats so I could clean the carpet and such. I grab my 13mm socket and ratchet and hop in the car. The passenger side came out no problem. The drive side just seems to be spinning. I think the little speed nut thing or whatever the bolt goes through is not stable any more and is just spinning with the bolt.

Anybody ever run into this situation before? Any ideas on what I can do to get this apart?

This fall I planned to pull the interior out so I could install some damplifier and luxury liner and I'll need to be able to remove that lower rear seat portion for that process.

Thanks for any advice!
Old 08-26-2012, 04:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Try to tighten it up then loosen it. Maybe that'll do something.
Old 08-26-2012, 04:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

never heard of this bro.....did you try wedging a screwdriver in behind it to hold the part that's spinning....also try to put a flathead behind the bottom of the bolt and put pressure on it while turning the bolt head with a socket
Old 08-26-2012, 04:10 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I tried to tighten, then loosen...no go. I then tried putting a flat head behind the bolt head but it didn't help. I'll have to try getting something behind the rear of the bolt to see about holding whatever is spinning back there. Maybe some long needle nose??

I have limited tools here at my apartment but when I head home to visit family I'll be able to use my father's tools and he should be able to help. Maybe I'll need 1 person to hold whatever is spinning and 1 to loosen the bolt. =\

Quick Reply: Can't get rear lower seat bolt out?!