General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Excessive water drip in floor board with AC on...

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2012, 08:07 AM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Excessive water drip in floor board with AC on...

I tried to search this several ways but didn't find anything that fit. I apologize in advance for the long post....

I took about a 300 mile trip the other day (150 each way). On the first 150 mile stint there was no issue but on the way back I was approx 130 miles into the trip and when i got off the interstate I took a long sharp curve to exit off. When i did I heard water sloshing around in the cabin and then it ran into the floor board on both sides. Fortunately I have rubber mats but there was enough contained on the mat it had to be poured off. The water was cool but not cold, no antifreeze smell or anything. The AC is super cold, no cooling leaks or anything that I can find.

I am thinking that maybe since the AC was on for so long and Ga is so humid that somewhere under the dash there is an area that just held the condensation at bay but when i turned so sharp it spilled over.

My problem with this theory is I have taken the entire dash out of my 99 (this problem is on my 36k mile 02 SS) and to the best of my memory there is nothing under the dash to hold that much water.

Any help or insight is greatly appreciated!
Old 10-17-2012, 08:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

sounds like your evaporator core drain is plugged up with a bunch of crap and instead of draining out under your car, its draining inside the car
Old 10-17-2012, 09:10 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Undertow74
sounds like your evaporator core drain is plugged up with a bunch of crap and instead of draining out under your car, its draining inside the car
Thanks for the reply, do know the easiest way to access the drain so I can unclog it?
Old 10-18-2012, 03:06 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Carter01
Thanks for the reply, do know the easiest way to access the drain so I can unclog it?
Search and you'll find pics for it. Its on the passenger side firewall and there will not be a hose, just a black box with a small hole.
Old 10-18-2012, 07:46 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by _JB_
Search and you'll find pics for it. Its on the passenger side firewall and there will not be a hose, just a black box with a small hole.
Will do, thanks man!

Quick Reply: Excessive water drip in floor board with AC on...