General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Torque arm bushing install question

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2012, 03:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Torque arm bushing install question

Ok, I have the top bolt to the bracket that houses the bushing undone but when I went to undo the lower bolt closer to the rear end it started leaking transmission fluid. I need to get that bracket off to drill the rivets out of the inner bracket. Is this normal? How are you supposed to get that off w/o draining your transmission? I dont really have room to hammer on them to break them free.
Old 11-04-2012, 09:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Is your drive shaft removed? It will leak oil out the back with the shaft removed. Especially if the tail is at a a downward angle. Just put a drain pan under it if its leaking, and remove the bracket . Once you have it back together, check the trans oil using the proper procedure, and add if necessary. Also check for leaks to make sure.
Old 11-05-2012, 01:39 AM
TECH Apprentice

I ended up not having to take out those bolts. I forgot I'm a man and have a sawzall . I have another question though. There was a rubber hose that came down along the torque arm and went up above the transmission. It was connected to a small plastic piece and a T fitting plugged into the transmission and the hose went back up into the engine area. The hose that is supposed to go up into the engine area was plugged up with it was still plugged into the transmission. What was it?
Old 11-05-2012, 01:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Sounds like a vent tube for the transmission. Does the hose connect to the top of the trans somewhere? Most auto's have a vent tube on them.
Old 11-08-2012, 05:50 PM
TECH Apprentice

I'm pretty sure that's what it is. What confuses me though is that it was blocked off on one side of the T fitting that went up to the engine bay. I have another screw in a white doubt T fitting (TT) in the engine bay. Do I need to reconnect these? It's been like this since I bought the car and I haven't noticed anything wrong w/ it.

Quick Reply: Torque arm bushing install question