General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds
Old 05-20-2016, 02:06 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Chevrolet Camaro or Pontiac Firebird Lighting Guides
Print Wikipost

'99 Z28 - Headlight Switch Replacement Bulb

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2012, 04:40 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default '99 Z28 - Headlight Switch Replacement Bulb

The illumination in the headlight switch has faded away. Does anyone know what the light bulb number is for inside that switch? I've pulled it out, and it's pretty tiny. I looked thru my manual, but don't see a bulb number.

Is this something that I can get at Autozone, or do I have to order it online somewhere?

Thanks

Bill
Old 11-18-2012, 02:55 PM
Launching!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

not sure if you can get them in a parts store...The bulb is called a neo-T3. You might try radioshack part number 272-1092. It looks like this is just the glass bulb that you will have to fit into your existing plastic twist base.

Also alot of people do LED swaps and you can get plug-n-play LED bulbs for this (that come pre-assembled with the plastic base), but since the position of the light in the headlight switch points straight down, an LED will really only strongly light up the bottom left side of the switch...alternately you can solder 2 small 3mm leds with resistors to the switch (one pointing down and one pointing right) to light up the whole switch. If you do this sand the tips of the LED flat so it will spread the light a little wider/evenly.

Hope this helps.
Old 11-19-2012, 07:01 PM
Launching!

Yes, that helps. I'll stop past the local Radio Shack tomorrow and see what they have. Thanks!
Old 11-26-2012, 05:22 PM
Launching!

I was able to pick up the Radio Shack bulbs that zfastss mentioned above. Tonight, I replaced the bulb in the socket. Thank goodness for a magnifying glass .... that bulb and socket are tiny!! It took only a few minutes to unwind the pigtails and install the new one. Headlight switch illuminates now. Thanks again!!
Old 11-28-2012, 09:04 AM
Launching!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by billscamaros
I was able to pick up the Radio Shack bulbs that zfastss mentioned above. Tonight, I replaced the bulb in the socket. Thank goodness for a magnifying glass .... that bulb and socket are tiny!! It took only a few minutes to unwind the pigtails and install the new one. Headlight switch illuminates now. Thanks again!!
No problem, glad it worked out!

Quick Reply: '99 Z28 - Headlight Switch Replacement Bulb