General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Rear vibration after engine/trans install

Old 01-06-2013, 04:28 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear vibration after engine/trans install

Pulled engine and trans and replaced rear main and oil pan seals in 02 z28 6 speed. Put everything back together and went rather smoothe. The torque arm bracket was only taken out of mount at trans and swung up out of way and reinstalled into mount. No more engine leak but I have a vibration coming from rear of car that I did not have before. It gets louder the faster you go and changes with speed no matter what gear is in...even coasting in neutral. Any idea what this could be? Thanks! By the way flywheel and clutch were in good shape so I did not replace.
Old 01-06-2013, 07:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You do not have the driveshaft sitting flat in the yoke. Could also be that the driveshaft is out 180*, but that likely wouldn't cause a vibration as severe as you desribe.
Old 01-08-2013, 10:04 AM
Teching In

Id check alignment of the driveshaft first, make sure everything is in there right, then take a look at the u joints. they will cause vibration if there going bad, how many miles on em?
Old 01-14-2013, 10:41 PM
Launching!

Make sure you tightened your tranny mount after reinstalling the trans. It will cause a lot of movement of the trans and create vibrations too.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Rear vibration after engine/trans install