General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Cleaning engine

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2013, 02:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Cleaning engine

I remember reading a few years ago about using type of Mopar Combustion Chamber Cleaner to clean out the gunk from the engine. I know about Seafoam but wanted to use the MCCC. But since I cannot get my hands on any, is there another alternative other than Seafoam?

Not knocking the Seafoam, I don't want any debate on it. I'm just trying to see what everyone does. I'm about to change out my O2 sensors and maybe my spark plugs so I figure it is a good time to clean the engine before I change out the sensors and plugs.

I also don't care about pissing off my neighbors as I hate my street. Well...I have one cool neighbor, but they won't mind me doing this stuff (hence why they are cool).
Old 02-01-2013, 09:33 PM
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I won't knock SeaFoam either, it has great uses. But top end cleaning...SeaFoam does absolutely nothing, except cleans the rear two cylinders and pistons...JUST A LITTLE BIT.

Get the Amsoil top end cleaner....or go to a Yamaha outboard motor place and buy the Yamaha combustion chamber cleaner. Both come out in foam form.

Spray it into the vacuum port on the intake.

Both are awesome.

Old 02-01-2013, 10:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

Didn't know Amsoil made a top end engine cleaner. I might have to inquire about that with my local Amsoil dealer. I think I remember someone mentioning Yamaha having some type of combustion chamber cleaner.
Old 02-01-2013, 11:02 PM
Banned

The guy in this video is a moron for revving his engine right after the product sat and soaked in for awhile. You need to let it ONLY idle for 10 minutes and then go for a very mellow drive for another 15 min.

Watch this: This is what MCCC, Yamaha or Amsoil will do.

Old 02-01-2013, 11:03 PM
Banned

This is the Amsoil can:

http://www.amsoil.com/shop/by-produc...and-degreaser/

Last edited by LS6427; 02-01-2013 at 11:15 PM.
Old 02-01-2013, 11:17 PM
Banned

I've been trying to tell hundreds of brain dead people for years and years......the ONLY thing can possibly clean a top end is a......FOAM.......liquids will not work. Only way a liquid can work is if you filled the top end with it and let it sit....then turned the engine upside down to pour it all out.....lol

Anyway.....whatever brand you choose....make sure it's a FOAM......

Old 02-02-2013, 02:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

Foam makes sense, I want to make sure I get everything. How bad is the smell when you run it at idle and then go for a drive? The smoke I can deal with, I'll just do this at night.
Old 02-02-2013, 02:55 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Darth Cypher
Foam makes sense, I want to make sure I get everything. How bad is the smell when you run it at idle and then go for a drive? The smoke I can deal with, I'll just do this at night.
Yes, foam sits and expands and touches every surface inside. seaFoam liquid is useless because it falls immediately down from gravity and sits in little pools in the intake. Then when these people say...."oh yea, I got a smoke show from SeaFoam."....... Al that smoke is coming from the air hauling *** through the intake picking up the Seafoam where it's sitting in these pools. Until its finally all sucked through. But what a waste of time, those pools never coated anything inside the top end and never got a chance to soak into the dirt buildup everywhere.

It's doesn't smell bad at all really. I don't remember it smelling like anything bad when I did it a couple times.

Quick Reply: Cleaning engine