General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Misfire in rain. (new plugs/wires) water getting in coil?

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2013, 07:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

SteveWS6, good job misfires are difficult to diagnose because they have so many possible causes.
Old 03-20-2013, 07:31 PM
Launching!

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by joecar
SteveWS6, good job misfires are difficult to diagnose because they have so many possible causes.
Thank you! It was definitely tough to figure out and it was very stressful limping the car home every time it would rain. Very relieved that the problem seems to be gone! I won't truly accept it though until I first encounter a heavy rainfall without issues lol
Old 03-21-2013, 09:02 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had a misfire when from a stop and then punch it there would be a weird pop "misfire" then my low trac on my dash would light up but I went from 285 to 315 tire in there rear and all that stopped now
Old 07-05-2013, 06:17 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have this problem in the rain and after a car wash, both machine and by hand. Turns out the cowl was leaking water directly INTO the top of the spark plug wire coming out of coil #5! I emptied the drops of water in the plug wire boot and restarted the car, BOOM issue is gone. Now i need to figure out how to properly seal the cowl piece.
Old 07-06-2013, 05:50 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by djsanchez2
I have this problem in the ran and after a car wash, both machine and by hand. Turns out the cowl was leaking water directly INTO the top of the spark plug wire coming out of coil #5! I emptied the drops of water in the plug wire boot and restarted the car, BOOM issue is gone. Now i need to figure out how to properly seal the cowl piece.
I'd imagine Camaros would be like my car. There's weather stripping on the cowl that the end of the hood rests on. Maybe on your car its moved, worn out, or MIA?

Quick Reply: Misfire in rain. (new plugs/wires) water getting in coil?