General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Hesitation Issue, Loss of Power! NO CODES PRESENT!! Wtf!?

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2013, 11:00 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RockinWs6
So before you find your problem you are going to put headers on it? Are you serious?
Yes. In order to see if the cats are the culprit, I have to get rid of them.

Originally Posted by LS6427
Run a FULL can of SeaFoam in 1/8th tank of gas....run it almost out before adding new gas. That will clean the fuel system better than anything, including the injectors.

Clean the MAF with MAF cleaner........spray the IAT sensor in the lid while your at it with the MAF cleaner.

If that doesn't do it....your issue sounds exactly like a failing 02 sensor. Of course make sure none of your spark plug wires are touching any part of the metal exhaust piping....that will cause stumbling at different rpm's.

But I say it's an 02 sensor.

Ae you using more gas than usual.....?

The engine was Seafomed, Lucased, and even some other kind of stuff my buddy uses at his garage. MAF, IAT,TB...everything has been cleaned. I'm really hoping it's the cats. The last few times I drove it you could really start to smell that rotten egg stink.
Old 06-12-2013, 09:59 PM
On The Tree

Default Solved!!!

Well after I installed the longtubes and ory, and had the pcm tuned by frost, the car runs 100% better! No more weird bucking at 1500 rpm's, and no more falling on it's face when you jump on it. I can't be certain whether removing the cats solved it, or having it tuned but either way...it runs the way an ls1 should and I am super pleased
Old 06-12-2013, 11:55 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by LoneGunman
Well after I installed the longtubes and ory, and had the pcm tuned by frost, the car runs 100% better! No more weird bucking at 1500 rpm's, and no more falling on it's face when you jump on it. I can't be certain whether removing the cats solved it, or having it tuned but either way...it runs the way an ls1 should and I am super pleased
Well sounds like it was your cats after all. Nice to hear its running like it should.
Old 06-13-2013, 09:39 AM
Launching!

ahhh, cats.

ever loving reason to get Long Tube headers!!
Old 06-13-2013, 11:02 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Homeless2bNY
ahhh, cats.

ever loving reason to get Long Tube headers!!
Well said, gota love the long tubes! But for the record I run cats to, over 75,000 miles on the system and never a problem.
Old 06-14-2013, 02:18 AM
On The Tree

Yeah, longtubes ftw! However, I did commit a longtube install no no. I didn't put poly motor mounts on while I was in there, and guess what! The collector flanges are bumping the floor during hard acceleration. Oh well, I'll just deal with it for awhile until I redo the exhaust for the GMMG/CME install
Old 06-15-2013, 01:57 AM
Staging Lane

Yeah, longtubes ftw! However, I did commit a longtube install no no. I didn't put poly motor mounts on while I was in there, and guess what! The collector flanges are bumping the floor during hard acceleration. Oh well, I'll just deal with it for awhile until I redo the exhaust for the GMMG/CME install
Thats odd... I don't have that prob. But Im running ARH's with their cats Never once had it bump the floor, even with all the ground clearance they have.

Glad its running well now.
Old 06-16-2013, 12:33 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Steve83ta
Thats odd... I don't have that prob. But Im running ARH's with their cats Never once had it bump the floor, even with all the ground clearance they have.

Glad its running well now.
138,000 "rode hard and put away wet" miles on stock rubber mounts probably has something to do with it :/
Old 06-16-2013, 02:45 AM
Staging Lane

138,000 "rode hard and put away wet" miles on stock rubber mounts probably has something to do with it :/
Maybe. But I have 125,000 on mine. And I'm not exactly nice to it.

They Do make bump stop brackets. I just can't remember who sells them right now.

Quick Reply: Hesitation Issue, Loss of Power! NO CODES PRESENT!! Wtf!?