General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Cant bleed brakes??!!??

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2013, 09:29 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Cant bleed brakes??!!??

I decided to replace my front calipers cause they were dragging and making the rotors look terrible.. The rotors have bad hot spots and are a darker color all around instead of shiny silver like the rear rotors.. I couldn't get the wheel to do a full turn with the car jacked up.. Anyway!!.. I put both new calipers on and went to use my trusty Mighty Vac to bleed the system.. started on passenger side and when I started pumping I got a lot of air bubbles from the bleeder but no fluid.. I pumped for what seemed forever and the fluid could never make it to the reservoir, just filled the line about 1/2 up with fluid.. the gauge showed about 15lbs of pressure so the pump is working but its no drawing fluid.. I got aggravated and went to the other side and same thing.. got some air bubbles at first but then nothing.. and still couldn't pull fluid to the might vac reservoir..

Might Vac bad?? Both soft brake lines need replaced?? (closing off when trying to suck fluid out).. I'm lost.. going to try manual bleeding when I get home but now I am worried the brakes were dragging from the soft hoses and not the calipers.. they are the factory lines on a 00 Corvette with 71k miles so they are probably due for replacement.... Ideas?
Old 06-20-2013, 10:30 PM
TECH Regular

Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts

Well, i always like to replace the rubber hoses when i do calipers because its cheap insurance.
Obvious thing first, the brake bleeders are facing up right?
Its easy to install the calipers on the opposite side.
This will make it impossible to get the air out.

Quick Reply: Cant bleed brakes??!!??