General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

2002 Camaro SS wont start..

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2013, 03:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Default 2002 Camaro SS wont start..

Hey everyone,

Im all of a sudden having problems with my camaro today, its getting worse. First thing I noticed is that when I take off sometimes it shutters. It takes a second then it runs fine. Then today I also noticed that it wouldnt turn over. I have all of my lights, my fuel pressure is at 60 psi on my gauge. It takes about 3-4 key cycles for it to start. Then when its starts and I take off I get the shutter for a few seconds again. Its done it twice already... I already replaced the starter relay and cleaned up the MAF.. NOTHING. same problem. I can just hold the key over it cranks and cranks. Doesnt start tho. Does anybody have any ideas on what it may be. I was thinking maybe the Cam position sensor or the Crank position sensor but idk. Any ideas

Ray
Old 07-02-2013, 03:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by camarodude87
Hey everyone,

Im all of a sudden having problems with my camaro today, its getting worse. First thing I noticed is that when I take off sometimes it shutters. It takes a second then it runs fine. Then today I also noticed that it wouldnt turn over. I have all of my lights, my fuel pressure is at 60 psi on my gauge. It takes about 3-4 key cycles for it to start. Then when its starts and I take off I get the shutter for a few seconds again. Its done it twice already... I already replaced the starter relay and cleaned up the MAF.. NOTHING. same problem. I can just hold the key over it cranks and cranks. Doesnt start tho. Does anybody have any ideas on what it may be. I was thinking maybe the Cam position sensor or the Crank position sensor but idk. Any ideas

Ray
Try replacing the ignition relay too, that was my problem and once I did. Havent had a problem in over 60 startups.
Old 07-02-2013, 04:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Well I used the relay that i just bought today and BAM starts up everytime. Thanks man so much!!!!!

Last edited by camarodude87; 07-02-2013 at 04:47 PM.

Quick Reply: 2002 Camaro SS wont start..