General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Headlight vibrates also jams sometimes

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2013, 12:30 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Headlight vibrates also jams sometimes

My driver's side headlight has a vibration in it when driving. It goes up and down. It seems to be correlated to bumps in the road. The pass side is pretty well fixed. I can't figure out what is causing it. Ive messed with it quite a bit.

Another issue I have: every once in a while my drivers headlight will get stuck down. the arm off of the motor ends up getting caught on a bolt. It is unpredictable and I can't think of a good way to fix it. Any ideas?
Old 07-27-2013, 06:36 AM
Save the manuals!

Received 349 Likes on 319 Posts

Pics, please.

Can you move the headlight with your hand and recreate the play when not on the road?

If someone has replaced the door motors, they have have put some of the bolts in backwards. If so, the arm can bind on one of the motor attachment bolts.
Old 07-27-2013, 11:45 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You hit the nail on the head, the bolts were backwards. I took the whole thing apart to see what was going on. It appears the linkage has a lot of play in the middle and where it attaches, the pin holding it in the hole is missing. I need to come up with a way to remedy this or find it. Anyone know if the 93-97 version will work on a 2002?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1993-1997-Firebird-Trans-Am-Headlight-Motor-Linkage-WS6-Headlamp-NICE-Shape-/400529471526?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item5d416ab826&vxp=mtr#vi-ilComp

Quick Reply: Headlight vibrates also jams sometimes