General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

2001 Pontiac sunfire cranks slowly

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2013, 11:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2001 Pontiac sunfire cranks slowly

Hi there guys! My brother has a 2001 Pontiac sunfire 2.2L. When he cranks it over it rolls over slowly Like a dead Battery. So i cleaned all the battery terminals and the grounds and everything. I even tried a battery thats in my vehicle that im driving now and it still rolls over slow. After trying to start it the starter quit working. So he went and bought a brand new one. I put that on and it started to roll over agian but still cranks slow. The car wont start. I checked for spark all plugs are getting spark. The fuel pump is kicking on. When he cranks it it pops a little bit like its gunna try to start but it wont. He put $25 of fuel in the tank. I tried to put a little gas in the carb but that didnt even make it try to start. Does anyone know what could be the problem? Has anyone else had this problem? If anyone has any idea please let me know.. Thanks!!!
Old 08-21-2013, 06:22 AM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

You won't find any similar experiences on this site as we are dedicated to V8 cars. You may want to try another forum dedicated to GM J Body cars.

Quick Reply: 2001 Pontiac sunfire cranks slowly