General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Po108 dtc??

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2013, 10:46 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Po108 dtc??

What else (if anything) can cause this code (PO108) to be thrown BESIDES a bad MAP sensor/shorts in wiring??

The car will start, run VERY VERY rough for about 30 seconds and then slowly (and shaking like a Cali earthquake) will die.

It finally ran enough to throw JUST this code with NO OTHER DTCs, either permanent, OR pending.
When it died on the road, NO codes were thrown AT ALL, and even ALL 9 of the readiness monitors were good. :???:

If the fuel pump was bad, why would it even start and run for ~ 30 seconds???

I already replaced the fuel filter with a Wix Gold, and I ordered a new Delphi MAP sensor from Rock Auto.

Could it just not be running long enough to throw the code which shows what is REALLY wrong (MAF, EGR {yes, I may be the ONLY one on here who still has this connected/functioning}, PCV system, other vacuum problems, etc.) ??
Old 09-20-2013, 09:27 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just got done changing the; valley cover gasket, knock sensor seals, new intake gaskets, new vapor pipe gaskets, and EVERYTHING was torqued down EXACTLY to Helms manual specs and sequences.

New Wix Gold fuel filter is in, new Delphi MAP sensor in is, ALL vacuum lines are very tight and intact, new EGR o ring gasket is in, MAF is as clean as it's EVER going to get, new Delco paper air filter, battery charged to full.

What next (STILL no more codes set)???

Could the crank position sensor be bad and NOT throw a code, or does the engine have to be actually starting/running for a few cycles to throw a 335/336 DTC??
It will not even start and run for 30 seconds like crap now, like it did before this work.

I guess I will invest in a CPS, and change out the ignition, and fuel pump relays as well (can relays be intermittent?), and ALL of the ignition/fuel pump fuses.

ANY other ideas?

I forgot to pull some plugs to see if they are melted down from running slightly lean or not, but I doubt this is it since it was running fine before it just died on the road, with NO steady deterioration of performance, and the Iridium Lasers are barely 2 years/15K miles old.

Quick Reply: Po108 dtc??