General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Battery finally dead....

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2013, 06:26 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Battery finally dead....

My battery seems to have finally died. It can be jump started, and the car driven, but will not hold a charge, even after the car has run/been driven for about 40 mins.

Anyway, whenever I need to replace a part, I like to upgrade. I've been looking at the Braille B3121 (21lbs, 550 cca, 75 mins reserve), but I'm a little nervous about ordering the part.

I've looked around here for and Google for info, but I still have questions.

Other than the CCA and reserve capacity, what should I be looking for? I'm half-tempted to just go out and get an Interstate or AC Delco, but I really like upgrading my car in any little way that I can.

It's a daily driver that sees about 250-300 miles per week.

Help appreciated.
Old 09-23-2013, 07:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just got one from walmart 700 cca not sure of reserve. Also has a 5 year warranty.
Old 09-24-2013, 07:29 AM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

Originally Posted by Naaman
Other than the CCA and reserve capacity, what should I be looking for? I'm half-tempted to just go out and get an Interstate or AC Delco, but I really like upgrading my car in any little way that I can.
Batteries are largely a commodity and there are only a few companies that make regular batteries, regardless of the name on the front sticker. In general a regular lead acid battery is a regular lead acid battery.

There are some companies, like the one you are looking that that make high end batteries that have some specialized features. However; unless you have a specific need that you want to upgrade for, you may be throwing your money away.

Do you race? Has your battery ever failed you consistently? Have you had problems with battery longevity?
Old 09-24-2013, 12:42 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,493 Likes on 1,075 Posts

Originally Posted by Naaman
Anyway, whenever I need to replace a part, I like to upgrade. I've been looking at the Braille B3121 (21lbs, 550 cca, 75 mins reserve), but I'm a little nervous about ordering the part.
I'm curious about what makes this battery an upgrade? The last AC Delco battery I bought for one of my 4th gens was a 650 CCA unit. Seems like the one you've posted above would be a downgrade.

Quick Reply: Battery finally dead....