General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

crank variation relearn??

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2013, 10:08 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default crank variation relearn??

The Helms manual states that a crank variation relearn MUST BE performed after installing a new crank position sensor.

Is this an absolute, and if so, can it ONLY be accomplished with a dealer's Tech 2, or a shop's Snap On (or whatever) equivalent, and NOT with ANY small, hand held scan tool??

Will the car even start and run without doing this so that I could at least drive it to a shop/stealership, instead of having it flat bedded in???

Thanks in advance.
Old 10-08-2013, 10:12 PM
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by dailydriver
The Helms manual states that a crank variation relearn MUST BE performed after installing a new crank position sensor.

Is this an absolute, and if so, can it ONLY be accomplished with a dealer's Tech 2, or a shop's Snap On (or whatever) equivalent, and NOT with ANY small, hand held scan tool??

Will the car even start and run without doing this so that I could at least drive it to a shop/stealership, instead of having it towed in???

Thanks in advance.
Crank Relearn does not have to be done. Engine will run perfectly. I drove around for a month after I installed a new PCM and the engine ran perfectly normal. But the SES light stays on.

Guy that did it for me used a Tech 2......it took like 8 tries but my engine was not stock...at all.

And no......you do not need to do it after a new CSP sensor gets installed.

Quick Reply: crank variation relearn??