General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Feels like 1 cylinder is ruff

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2013, 02:46 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Feels like 1 cylinder is ruff

I have 73k all original save oil changes and filters. I have not changed the fuel filter yet and I'm sure it's stock. I bought the car 2 years ago with 27k and have put almost all highway miles on DDing. So the last 3-4 times I took her out before the snow flew it felt REAL rough getting up to highway speeds under 1/3 throttle or so but smoothed out after a minute or so. I gave her a warm up in the garage yesterday as it hasn't been run in 2 weeks and it felt as if 1 cylinder is missing. Could it be time for plugs and wires? Are there any other concerns I should be looking into? No codes. Only motor mod is a CAI and K&N, no tune. It seems the roughest between 1500 and 2k RPM

Thanks!
Old 12-20-2013, 09:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you really think it is a single cylinder, then at idle pull your low voltage leads (one at a time) and observe for changes to the idle quality. If you get one cylinder where nothing changes, then you've discovered the location (but not the root cause of your issue).
Old 12-21-2013, 02:02 PM
Staging Lane

That's a good idea. I would say it's still firing, just seems.....off. Last time I got on the highway I thought a tire was going to fall off the vibration was so bad. but then it smoothed out after a minute
Old 12-23-2013, 11:21 AM
Staging Lane

Would it be possible to hook it up to a tuner like a dyno tuner and see what's going on? We have a guy about an hour away...I could drive it over there if roads clan up
Old 12-27-2013, 08:20 PM
Teching In

cracked plug or wire off ?

Quick Reply: Feels like 1 cylinder is ruff