General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Clicking sound from the rear. HELP!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2014, 08:59 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clicking sound from the rear. HELP!!

Hey guys, I have something that is driving me insane! I have a 2000 SS with 74k miles and there is a clicking sound coming from the rear. Don't know what it is. When you accelerate the clicking stops, if take your foot off the accelerator it starts clicking. The faster the speed you are going the faster the clicking is. I've had our local dealer check it out and they don't have a clue. I've have two other mechanics look at it to no avail. Even sent a letter to Camaro Peformers magazine and have heard nothing. The dealer say's just live with it. I bought the car with 24k miles and it didn't have the clicking but has progressively gotten worse. It driving me crazy. Does anyone have any ideas? Steve in Florida.
Old 04-18-2014, 04:33 PM
Staging Lane

My car makes I would say a similar noise and it has about the same mileage on it (79k). I just had my whole rear end checked out and was told that the carrier had some slop in it. Nothing to get concerned about. Hope this helps.
Old 04-19-2014, 06:47 PM
Staging Lane

Did you service the differental? I had some rear end noise after servicing my diff because we forgot the limited slip additve. Luckily we caught it right after test drive! Once I added it the noises were gone!

Good luck!!

Quick Reply: Clicking sound from the rear. HELP!!