General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Consistent vibration issue, trans issue?

Old 09-08-2014, 05:25 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Consistent vibration issue, trans issue?

Hey folks,

I have a vibration issue in my car in signature where at higher speeds (50+ but much worse at 70-80) there is a slight shudder every 1-1.5 seconds. The shudder is slight and lasts only 1/2 a second or 1 second, but it is VERY regular. Meaning, it is like a clock, it will occur at exactly the same intervals. This occurs in 5th and 6th gear, worse in 6th. It may happen in other gears but it might just be so slight that I'm not feeling it.

The fact that it is worse in 6th but also bad in 5th makes me believe it is not just one gear that is bad (unless 5th and 6th are the same actual physical gear). Also, as speed increases, the interval for the shudder does NOT get closer together. If it is not RPM based, and not speed based, what the heck?

Tuning issue? (I did my own tuning with HPT). Suspension? Bearings? Tranny? Engine? I got nothing guys and gals.

Thank you immensely for any help.
Old 09-08-2014, 07:07 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

https://ls1tech.com/forums/manual-tr...vibration.html

I found this thread and think it answers my problem. Despite these guys arguing about whether or not it was the 5/6 gear or the main shaft, I would think both issues would be addressed in a quality rebuild.

Please chime in if you have any other experience other than that thread.

B
Old 09-09-2014, 11:21 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Could be the master cylinder, that is the only thing I could think of, or maybe u-joints. I haven't had this problem so I can't perfectly understand what is going on. Make a video and that should give us more info.
Old 09-10-2014, 09:29 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

5th and 6th are the same piece, riding on main shaft. Just worn out of tolerance. Typical T56 issue.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Consistent vibration issue, trans issue?