General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Car wont start

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2014, 03:19 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Car wont start

2002 z28 Camaro, Automatic

I took my car for a drive last thursday, everything seemed normal. Stopped at a few places then came home later.

Not long after I got home I had to run some more errands so I went to the car and tried to start it, and nothing. So I assumed the battery was dead...welll long story short, its not.

Ive never seen this before, when I normally turn the key to just before the car starts, the gauges light up, radio plays and the car does its usual beeping noise.
However, now it does nothing. The gauges dont light up, nothing happens. If I try to start the car nothing happens.

The only thing that happens is if i leave the key in the "on" position the radio will play, but the gauges will still not light up.

Does anyone have any idea? This has never happened before...
Old 09-09-2014, 06:39 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Possibly Poor grounding. Check the large ground wire that goes to the passenger side of the block just above the starter. Usually people dont know where that one goes and end up bolting it to the wrong place.

Open the hood and check for other obvious things such as loose connections at the battery, alternator, junction block etc.

get back to us
Old 09-10-2014, 07:02 AM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

Have you tried starting it since last week? Same thing?

Quick Reply: Car wont start