General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

'99 Trans Am no spark. Emergency please help!

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2015, 07:57 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '99 Trans Am no spark. Emergency please help!

Today, I was fixing my drivers side side marker because it was a lot more dimmer then the passenger side and when I got another side marker with the sensor along with the wires & fused up the wires along with the ones from the car, and all of sudden the open wires (before I tape them so they wouldn't be open to anything.) touched another open wire, created a spark and now the car won't start; I turned the key all the way and you can't hear the starter trying to catch the flywheel. Absolutely no lights come on in the second position of the ignition. When I turn the key the first time, I believe the black wire touched the turquois wire and demobilized the entire car. Nothing works but radio, headlights, interior lights & small other stuff. No cluster lights turn on either when I turn the key. Then when I tried starting it, it won't make any sounds or nothing. Any solutions or opinions are welcomed. ('99 Trans Am A4.)
Old 03-23-2015, 08:48 AM
Staging Lane

I'd go over all your fuses and relays seeing as the radio and lights still have power. Double check all your connections too. Gremlins are no fun, take my word on it.
Old 03-23-2015, 04:47 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by HomeSchool
I'd go over all your fuses and relays seeing as the radio and lights still have power. Double check all your connections too. Gremlins are no fun, take my word on it.
I found the problem. The problem was that I blew two fuses (10A & 20A from the fuse panel from the inside of the car, on the dashbaord.) & 1 ignition relay. I changed them out & now the car starts up & drives with no problems.
Old 03-23-2015, 07:36 PM
Staging Lane

Good to hear. Thank god for fuses

Quick Reply: '99 Trans Am no spark. Emergency please help!