General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Blower motor/ac vent problems

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2016, 04:02 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Blower motor/ac vent problems

The other day my blower motor for the a/c and heater went out. I replaced the motor and it works.The fan works in all speeds. The problem is that when I put the air conditioning on with the fan ,the air comes out under the dash instead of the out of the vents on the dash. When I turn the dial to the heating positions it comes out the bottom and the air defroster comes out for the windshield like it should in the last position.

I read that the vent doors inside the bottom of the system to direct air flow were controled by vacume. So what do you guys think I need to do to fix this problem. I am kinda stumped.
Old 11-13-2016, 05:53 PM
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

You need to look on the passengers side of the engine....coming off the PCM wiring bundle....for a black hard plastic vacuum line. It leads from that wire bundle around the back of the intake and connects a vacuum port on the back of the intake. There's a rubber sleeve that the plastic line goes into, the black sleeve hoepfully is still on the vacuum port.

The port points 90 degrees to the ground....straight towards the passengers side.

Old 11-13-2016, 05:57 PM
Banned

See that little port facing to the passengers side with nothing on it....thats the A/C vent vacuum port. Your black plastic vacuum line may have fallen off that port.

http://my.prostreetonline.com/wp-con...MAP_sensor.jpg

Old 11-13-2016, 08:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yes, I just checked the line tonight. It goes from the back of the manifold splits off and goes into the big wiring harness into a t coupler. From the coupler to the back of the firewall. From that t coupler it goes in another wiring loom towards the front of the car on the passenger fender.Where it splits off on the manifold it goes to the driver side fuel rail to a sensor to the air deal. It is all connected and still does not work.

So I am guessing that there is a vacume leak somewhere. If I pull the hose off that t coupler that goes to the firewall it should have some vacume in the line. Can I get some flexibale tubing and re-run it from the back of the intake manifold?
Old 11-13-2016, 10:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The vacume line that goes from the t fitting by the pcm over the passenger fender,under the battery to the driver side. Where does that line end up? What does it go to?
Old 11-14-2016, 12:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I am not sure how much vacume is supposed to be on that line.When I pull the hose off I feel a little.
Old 11-14-2016, 04:37 PM
Banned

Very little vacuum suction is on that line. You can barely feel it. So you say its attached good to the back port on the intake....?

Old 11-14-2016, 08:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

It seems to be attached and there in very little suction on that line when I pulled it from the t fitting by the pcm.I will get a mirror and check the back of the intake manifold again in the next couple of days.Thanks for all your help.
Old 11-15-2016, 08:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Tonight I took a mirror and stuck it behind the intake manifold again and looked at the connections. Everything is connected like it should be.So now what should do to fix this problem?
Old 11-16-2016, 09:52 AM
Banned

Maybe a leak further into the plumbing towards where the vent controls are.....behind the dash.

Is the T-Fitting cracked, they get briddle and crack sometimes and they are little fine cracks around it that sometimes go over-looked.

Old 11-19-2016, 04:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

When I pulled the t fitting (the one by the pcm) apart I noticed that it had a crack on the side. I could not see it until i took it apart and looked at it close.I got another one and replaced it and the air conditioning works correctly now. Thanks LS6427 for all your help.
Old 11-22-2016, 07:07 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by transwiz
When I pulled the t fitting (the one by the pcm) apart I noticed that it had a crack on the side. I could not see it until i took it apart and looked at it close.I got another one and replaced it and the air conditioning works correctly now. Thanks LS6427 for all your help.

Sweet.......

Quick Reply: Blower motor/ac vent problems