General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

PLEASE HELP.. Battery dead, auto headlights not working.

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2017, 06:43 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PLEASE HELP.. Battery dead, auto headlights not working.

01 Camaro ss

hey guys i was driving my car today and parked it for about 20 mins. When I came back out to leave again it wouldn't start just clicking.. I jumped it with my jump pack and drove it to the gas station and back home and noticed the auto headlights are not working. The first 2 settings on the switch will turn the tailligts on but not the headlights.. I have to turn the switch all the way to the right to turn them on... also while messing with it the check Gage's light came on and battery voltage was on the edge of the red... any suggestions

Last edited by jaycoy65; 04-14-2017 at 06:55 PM.
Old 04-14-2017, 07:23 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Sounds like your battery is dead because the alternator is dead and not charging the car.

Charge the battery, or take it to an auto parts store to have it charged. They can also test the battery, and do a free alternator test.

What does the voltage gauge on the car read when the check gauges light comes on with the car running?
Old 04-14-2017, 08:26 PM
Staging Lane

Went to autozone and they said the. Artery was to low to check the alt. Said battery needed charged before the can check anything else.. when I first restarted the car the check gauges like was on and the battery was borderline on the red.. after I drove down the street to autozone batter gauge was right int the middle of the gauge and check gauges light went off
Old 04-14-2017, 08:26 PM
Staging Lane

And now the auto headlights are working
Old 04-14-2017, 11:42 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by jaycoy65
And now the auto headlights are working
I manage an autozone

The tester saying battery voltage too low for alternator tests means that your alternator is not putting out enough electricity, for the tester to work

Your alternator is dead. You are having random electrical, and will continue to have random electrical problems until it is replaced.

Do not drive the car anymore. You risk being stranded where ever you are when the batter goes completely dead, and it will, because the alternator isn't charging it

Quick Reply: PLEASE HELP.. Battery dead, auto headlights not working.