General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Pivot, turn signal lever

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2017, 07:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pivot, turn signal lever

1979 Chevy Corvette. I am trying to get the part out that the turn signal connects to. Every thing is taken apart and the parts store tells me they need to see the part so they can get me the right one. The turn signal lever has a cruse control wire coming from it. Now looking at the picture with the finger on dimmer switch rod actuator, is that part connected to something or how is it staying in position while other parts are connected? Also i see in the window a round connector where the turn signal slides into it. How can i get that out? My lever is pointing to the ground.
Old 06-26-2017, 09:00 PM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

Search for "Jazzman Steering Column" on google and you'll get a step-by-step pictoral that will show you all the attachments. If your column matches what the F-Bodies had in the '90's, then the wire will unplug at the column and then the turn signal lever will pull out of the wiper switch, which is mounted in the column.

Beware... Plastic gets old and brittle over time. When I took the stalk out of my '99, it destroyed my wiper switch and I had to take the column apart to put that in so my new lever would have an intact "socket" to go into.

Quick Reply: Pivot, turn signal lever