General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Torque Arm bushing issue

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2017, 02:53 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Torque Arm bushing issue

got a question for you all.
when i got my car a 2002 Z28 the torque arm bushing was bad. pulling from a stoplight hard you could hear it banging around.
so i replaced the bushing with an Energy Suspension bushing. figured it would be good for a while.
i have noticed the last few days that im hearing the same popping banging noise again but just not as bad yet.

are these bushing just that bad to wear. or is the torque arm just that hard on the bushing.
wanting to put an aftermarket torque arm in it at some point with a different mount but its going to be a while for that yet still.

any one have any opinions
Old 08-16-2017, 03:17 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by LukeDowning
got a question for you all.
when i got my car a 2002 Z28 the torque arm bushing was bad. pulling from a stoplight hard you could hear it banging around.
so i replaced the bushing with an Energy Suspension bushing. figured it would be good for a while.
i have noticed the last few days that im hearing the same popping banging noise again but just not as bad yet.

are these bushing just that bad to wear. or is the torque arm just that hard on the bushing.
wanting to put an aftermarket torque arm in it at some point with a different mount but its going to be a while for that yet still.

any one have any opinions
Check the trans mount as well just in case. While the LS1 mount is many times stronger then the LT1s wet paper mache mount, it can still go bad when driven aggressively which will cause a thump when pulling out from a stop or shifting hard. I changed mine twice with OEM replacements because I was worried about going too stiff before I got tired of it and went with a Poly one that had been holding since.

Quick Reply: Torque Arm bushing issue