General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

blower motor air condition

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2017, 08:40 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default blower motor air condition

I have a 1998 trans am Recently i had engine and transmission dropped and all seals replaced. After i got it back the blower motor has been acting up. On air conditioning mode it runs fine for 20-25 minutes then the air volume is reduced it sounds like the blower is working okay but volume of air coming out of vents goes way down. there is a rattling like paper when mode is in max but blower sounds fine just little or no air coming out
Old 09-16-2017, 12:58 AM
TECH Resident

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Could be a mode duct flap that is malfunctioning (stuck or vacuum issue), or you could have sucked some leaves or something into the blower motor. I have taken mine out to inspect. You can even run it outside the car to check operation. It takes a little work, but it is doable.
Old 09-16-2017, 10:57 AM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve51
On air conditioning mode it runs fine for 20-25 minutes then the air volume is reduced
If you get air flow at your feet when this happens, you likely have a loose or leaking vacuum line in the engine compartment that feeds the vent controls.

Originally Posted by Steve51
there is a rattling like paper when mode is in max but blower sounds fine just little or no air coming out
+1 above. There's definitely some debris in the blower's squirrel cage. Dropping the motor out and cleaning the duct out will take care of this and could solve all your problems.

Quick Reply: blower motor air condition