General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Drivers seat Electric forward/back switch dead

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2018, 03:11 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Drivers seat Electric forward/back switch dead

Help,
My electronic seat seat is dead. I can't move the set forward. All the rest work, up/down, lumbar, etc....just not forward. It goes back, but not forward. My kids keep playing in the car, and I don't think I'll be able to reach the wheel soon! Where can I find a direct replacement switch?
Old 02-01-2018, 03:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Local junk yard?
Old 02-02-2018, 06:36 AM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

You can get brand new ones from Classic Industries. I just checked and it looks like they have an OEM switch (a little more) and a generic version. In these cases, you might even be able to find the part at a local parts store.
Old 02-08-2018, 01:58 PM
Launching!

Thanks for the suggestions, yet, the one's available at Classic Industries, Rock Auto, Eckard, etc.. are all a different style than mine. I have three separate gray switches, without a the joystick. Not sure if anyone makes it from the other posts I've seen on here. Maybe a junkyard.
Old 02-08-2018, 02:28 PM
TECH Regular

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I've brought switches back to life with this stuff - https://www.radioshack.com/products/...-and-lubricant Just have to get it inside the switch on the contacts
Old 02-09-2018, 07:26 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 260 Likes on 224 Posts

The switch you're looking for (gray with separate switches) is part number 16805149 but it was discontinued several years ago. You may still be able to find it someplace like ebay.

However, the wiring harness connector is the same for both the separate switch and the joystick versions, so you should be able to use the joystick version as a replacement.
Old 02-18-2018, 05:21 PM
On The Tree

Mine did the same thing. In my case the switch was fine. There's a plug under the seat which was corroded and one of wires on the power side broke. I used a drill battery with some alligator clips to supply power to the seat and everything worked fine. So i just cut the bad connector out and used butt connectors instead. Worked like a charm. I did have to unbolt the seat to have adequate room to work but it was no big deal. Good luck.
Old 02-18-2018, 07:43 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by shippershack
Help,
My electronic seat seat is dead. I can't move the set forward. All the rest work, up/down, lumbar, etc....just not forward. It goes back, but not forward. My kids keep playing in the car, and I don't think I'll be able to reach the wheel soon! Where can I find a direct replacement switch?
I pulled a used switch off a parts car. But found my switch was corroded. Jiggled the wires a few times and it fixed the problem. It is hard to get your hands in there and it took quite a few times of intervention.

So far hasn't reoccurred.

Quick Reply: Drivers seat Electric forward/back switch dead