General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Power window issues 2000 Camaro

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2018, 11:26 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Power window issues 2000 Camaro

I took my camaro out of storage yesterday. As soon as I turned the ignition key forward the driver's side window powered itself down and will not come back up. Passenger side works just fine. I've read a ton on here where windows won't roll back up, but I haven't seen anything where someone had it power down on it's own. I've seen a lot of people saying the motors and switches are usually suspect, but the car only has 22k on and it's never even seen rain. Possibly something wrong with the express down, but I didn't read a clear way to test that. Anyway, just hoping maybe someone has run into this before as I don't want to start shotgunning parts at it hoping I find it.

Thanks!
Old 05-03-2018, 06:16 AM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

This looks to be a bad window switch - just stuck in the down position or with the contacts shorted out. If not, your wires could be shorted somewhere.

The window going down when you powered the car indicates that something is commanding the window to go down. It's probably happening 100% of the time if you can't put the window up.

If you are in a pinch to get the window up, you might get take the switch panel out of the door, remove the switch, and then put +12V to the DK Blue Wire and the Ground to the Grey Wire:

^ You can also use this schematic to continuity test the switch, but its a complex mechanism.