General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Some A/C help please

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2018, 12:09 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1,786 Likes on 1,293 Posts

Originally Posted by LS1121
yes you are right. I'm looking at a New Four Seasons compressor, way cheaper than GM.
Take a look at Rockauto.com and see what they can do on a compressor and dryer. They offer Delphi OEM and it may take a week to get the parts but if you can wait on them it might be worth it to you.
Old 05-12-2018, 07:15 PM
TECH Addict

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 01CamaroSSTx
Take a look at Rockauto.com and see what they can do on a compressor and dryer. They offer Delphi OEM and it may take a week to get the parts but if you can wait on them it might be worth it to you.
wellllllll..I just had the trans rebuilt, rear main seal and plate replaced and had a new oil pan gasket installed so my funds for this car are a little crimped right now. I'm going to look for someone to rebuild my compressor locally if I can.
Old 05-12-2018, 07:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Before you spend any money chasing parts, stop. you need to pull a vacuum now and see if the system is sealed or not. The fact you needed some every year says the system is not sealed.
Old 05-13-2018, 09:13 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by merim123
Before you spend any money chasing parts, stop. you need to pull a vacuum now and see if the system is sealed or not. The fact you needed some every year says the system is not sealed.
Yes, I put the yellow dye into the system and could not find a leak anywhere. I'm thinking it's coming from the compressor in an area I cannot see without removing it. I'm looking for an adapter to screw onto the top of the small cans of Freon and onto the 1/4" hoses and gauge set I use for my house. It is definitely leaking but from where is the question.
Old 05-13-2018, 10:10 AM
11 Second Club

Yeah I'd check all the usual places and replace all the o-ring/seals seals for the lines at the compressor, drier, condenser, etc. then pull a vacuum on the system and see if it holds or it leaks down. If it holds your good to go with a recharge that is of course if the pressure/transducer switch is working properly and your compressor is good.
Old 05-30-2018, 07:10 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 01CamaroSSTx
Yeah I'd check all the usual places and replace all the o-ring/seals seals for the lines at the compressor, drier, condenser, etc. then pull a vacuum on the system and see if it holds or it leaks down. If it holds your good to go with a recharge that is of course if the pressure/transducer switch is working properly and your compressor is good.
So, Yes, when I got the compressor off I could see where it was leaking from. I vacuumed the system and installed the new parts and it is very cold now. Thanx. Now I want to rebuild my old compressor. I bought a gasket seal kit for the V7 compressor, all I need now is to get a clutch and magnet. Are there any good aftermarket parts for this or do you think I need GM parts?
Old 05-31-2018, 05:10 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by LS1121
So, Yes, when I got the compressor off I could see where it was leaking from. I vacuumed the system and installed the new parts and it is very cold now. Thanx. Now I want to rebuild my old compressor. I bought a gasket seal kit for the V7 compressor, all I need now is to get a clutch and magnet. Are there any good aftermarket parts for this or do you think I need GM parts?
Glad to hear its blowing cold again. Rockauto.com will have all the parts to rebuild your old compressor.