General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

2000 firebird trans am driver side windo controllers

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2018, 04:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 firebird trans am driver side windo controllers

Hi just went to go get a bag of ice. Rolled down windows and they stopped and now won't go back up or down. The driver side is all the way down the passenger's side is 3/4 down. So is it my master controller that is broken or something else entirely? Please go me. Thank you.
Old 06-04-2018, 08:39 AM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

If you register and log onto autozone, you can get the car's schematics in the repair section. If you look at the window electrical schematics, there are some shared wires in the driver's side window switch. I would test that part first.

The other possibility is that you were driving the car on a hot day and both motors are on the edge of the classic thermal resistor failure. If so, they might work today. (If they do work today, you should replace the motors, ASAP. The failures will just get longer and worse.)
Old 06-04-2018, 09:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wssix99
If you register and log onto autozone, you can get the car's schematics in the repair section. If you look at the window electrical schematics, there are some shared wires in the driver's side window switch. I would test that part first.

The other possibility is that you were driving the car on a hot day and both motors are on the edge of the classic thermal resistor failure. If so, they might work today. (If they do work today, you should replace the motors, ASAP. The failures will just get longer and worse.)
thank you I will test it