General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

AC Surge

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2018, 08:58 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AC Surge

Ok , guys I have a question . I just did a top end refresh on my 6.0 Chevy Hd 1500 pick up so while I was doing it I had the heads rebuilt all brand new springs valves , typical head rebuild installed a Mass Air Flow because other one was old and I figured why not and I installed a new cam . I installed a cam with a little more than stock Cam is 214/224 duration 561/571 lift 114+4 LSA so I could get a little more low end for towing . I also just had the transmission rebuilt because it seemed to be slipping had it checked and it was in fact slipping so rebuilt it . I took it to the tuner and had it tuned and this is where my question comes from ....My AC is causing the idle to surge irractiallywhen turned on when it’s off it idles smoothly so I asked the tuner could that be the probl he says NO .

When tuning a vehicle can the tune cause this issue ? It runs fine with AC off and it doesn’t do it all the time also the truck seems to not have as much power as it used to actually it seems to have less power it just seems lazy to me

Will tuning a vehicle cause this ? Please help it’s driving me crazy

Quick Reply: AC Surge