General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Starting issues

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2019, 11:58 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Starting issues

2000 Firebird ls1 auto, gets no fuel and weird sounds (relay clicking like or surging) from the BCM and ABS module when I turn key just to prime.
Car cranks but won't start, swapped relays and fuses are good. Soldered BCM from previous radio window problem and have resistor for vats, not sure what else to check. After a while it will start. Happened 2 times now.
Anyone have similar issue?
Is this a security lockout issue? Any help is appreciated.

Last edited by transamice; 07-10-2019 at 09:31 AM.
Old 07-10-2019, 11:44 AM
Teching In

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't know if this will be helpful to you or not. I just want to share that I have an issue that I think may be similar to what you're experiencing. If I don't REALLY cram the key in the ignition in my 2000 Formula ls1, it just makes a click sound when you turn the key. When you release the key it clicks again. Not the continuous clicking that I would think of when I think of a bad starter. My mechanic tried to tell me that I needed to replace the starter, but if you take the key out, and put it back in 'with feeling' she starts right up. My dad thinks that it is a loose connection in a wire somewhere, I've just never had enough trouble with it to get in there and dig around. I only drive it about 300 miles a year. It happened to me for the first time this summer just a little while ago while I had the car out, so I was using the search function here to see what I could find, and stumbled on your post.
Old 07-19-2019, 03:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Check to make sure your key chip is making good contact......That chip wire could wear down I believe.
The following users liked this post:
Nate_C (07-19-2019)