General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

ABS/LOW TRAC/BRAKE lights

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2019, 01:24 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ABS/LOW TRAC/BRAKE lights

Recently I got my rotors turned, disconnected the battery to work on my fuel pump, reconnected the battery and cleaned my car- then noticed my ABS INOP light was on. When I pull my parking brake the brake light comes on (as it should) but the LOW TRAC light starts flashing when I do. When I disengage the brake the LOW TRAC light turns off but the ABS INOP light burns solid still. I have enough brake fluid and yes my third brake light works. Checked the ABS relay and it looks to be in good condition. I’m going to be cleaning my wheel speed sensors today but if anyone has any experience or advice with this kind of problem (I know it’s a common one) please let me know
Old 07-13-2019, 08:25 AM
Save the manuals!

Received 328 Likes on 300 Posts

The first thing I would check is to make sure all the wheel speed sensors are plugged in and the wires are all in good condition.

Did you turn the inside of the rear rotors? (The drum section where the parking brake engages?) If so, the parking brake would also need to be re-adjusted.
Old 07-18-2019, 12:30 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Im gonna assume its a 4 channel system. Its likely the rear sensors, ive dealt with this before... they dont male new replacements anywhere and if you can find them they are a fortune...
Old 08-29-2019, 06:58 PM
TECH Regular

Received 47 Likes on 38 Posts

Did you ever figure out what was going on? My brake and abs inop light came on today as well, car feels fine. I'll have to check it out over the weekend
Old 09-05-2019, 09:35 PM
12 Second Club

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

If you can scan the car it will give you the codes you need to check. Mine showed 3 codes, all related, but the issue was the right rear wheel speed sensor. I removed the sensor and it was covered with metal shavings... they are magnets after all. Not sure why I had so much metal shavings on that sensor, problem for another day. I cleaned it, cleared the code and it seems problem solved.
Old 09-05-2019, 10:46 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1,804 Likes on 1,305 Posts

ABS/LOW TRAC/BRAKE lights came on after making a pass. Turned off the car and restarted and the problem went away. Forgot to turn the TC off before making a pass.......

Quick Reply: ABS/LOW TRAC/BRAKE lights