General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Oxygen Sensor Help

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2021, 07:26 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oxygen Sensor Help

I have a 2001 Z28 Auto and I am having issues with the oxygen sensors not working ever since I have bought the car. Codes are P0134, P0135, P0154, P0160, and P0300.

A few things I want to mention... I had issues with the car not reading the cam sensor, so I ended up cleaning the ground on the back of the drivers side head and it works now. The car only starts on the first crank if I hold it for about 10 seconds, but usually starts on the second crank. It also diesels when shutting off (cylinders still fire from fuel in them after I turn key off). It has long tube headers (I'm obviously not running the rear ones) and I have since replaced the original sensors with a set of Bosch 13111.

I have checked fuses and the grounds behind drivers head, but I imagine that I have missed something.
Old 12-28-2021, 09:38 AM
Save the manuals!

Received 352 Likes on 321 Posts

Can you give us more information? The longer story implies that you bought this car with a lot of other problems and you've never ever been able to keep it running. (Since you bought it.)

If so, that would lead me closer to an assumption that your collection of codes is probably not a problem with sensors, but wiring. It looks like you may have cuts and shorts in a wiring harness. I would look for melted harnesses on your headers/pipes and also for places where rodents have chewed through wires. If everything looks clean, I would check the PCM connector for corrosion and then start tracing the pins in that connector to individual sensors to look for the shorts/cuts.

Quick Reply: Oxygen Sensor Help