General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

2000 Z28 Stumble Issue

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2022, 09:26 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 Z28 Stumble Issue

My Z28 has just recently developed an issue that has me puzzled. It has a wandering idle and will sometimes die. It starts right back up like nothing happened. It also has developed an intermittent stumble at idle and just off idle when it is warmed up. It hasn't thrown any codes that I can see but when I get the chance I am going have my friends scan it with their fancy Snap On scanner and see if anything is showing. It acts like I got a bit of bad fuel but not sure that is the problem.

Anything sound familiar to anyone out there?
Old 09-30-2022, 04:09 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 277 Likes on 191 Posts

I'm not saying this is your problem, but I had a IAC go bad and acted exactly like that and never threw a code. Put a new one in and fixed my problem. So that's something to look at anyway.
Old 09-30-2022, 10:36 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Kjduvall
I'm not saying this is your problem, but I had a IAC go bad and acted exactly like that and never threw a code. Put a new one in and fixed my problem. So that's something to look at anyway.
Thank you for your reply, I was thinking IAC but wasn't sure what it was called. How difficult is it to change as I think I will start there.
Old 09-30-2022, 10:41 AM
On The Tree

Received 67 Likes on 51 Posts

1. Check your air filter and clean the throttle plate.

2. Check battery voltage 12.8 volts minimum - disconnect battery to reset all sensors.

Quick Reply: 2000 Z28 Stumble Issue