General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Evap Solnoid...

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2022, 07:51 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 95 Likes on 75 Posts

Default Evap Solnoid...

Well, i have this pesky Evap Solnoid check engine light that i cannot get to turn off.. Guess i'll be dropping the gas tank and installing a new one.
Guessing there is no other way to get rid of code. My tuner stated that he can't even turn it off... Guess i "could" do the old tuna can method and cut an access door in the trunk..

Anyone else deal with this? Car only has 65K miles...
Old 10-13-2022, 09:43 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 65 Likes on 52 Posts

im pretty sure those can be turned off with hptuners. Cut a trap door , it should have been there from the factory.Either way its your car so trap door or drop the tank .
Old 10-13-2022, 01:56 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,751 Likes on 1,251 Posts

Hold on...what is the actual code/DTC?

The purge solenoid is under the hood, mounted on the driver's side of the intake manifold between the fuel rail and the valve cover. If that's what needs to be replaced, there is no reason to do anything at the gas tank.

Vent solenoid is in the rear (not sure if it moved in the later years), and the actual vapor canister is located, I think, on top of the tank for the '99+ plastic tank cars. Do you have indication that the vapor canister itself needs to be replaced? That should only be the case if you are finding chunks of charcoal in the purge solenoid, or a smoke test has revealed a leak at the canister itself.
The following users liked this post:
jetech (10-21-2022)

Quick Reply: Evap Solnoid...