General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

95 Trans Am Stalled no start??

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2023, 11:33 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 95 Trans Am Stalled no start??

Hi There,
Hoping someone can help with this. My 1995 LT! trans am stalled after i had started if after a month in my garage without running. it started up right away, with no issues. it ran for about 2 minutes, then stalled. When i went to restart, there was nothing when i turned the key, no starter, no click just silence. The car has never stalled before, and the security light did go off, so i am baffled, someone said its the starter, which i will check, but it really doesn't seem like a starter issue? thanks in advance
Old 01-30-2023, 02:04 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,803 Likes on 1,284 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Does the car have any (electrical) power at all? Do you hear the fuel pump prime when you turn the key to 'run'?

The starter wouldn't have made it stall out, and it wouldn't prevent the pump from priming when you cycle the key on (assuming that's not happening, based on your mention of "silence"). Wiring/fuse/relay/battery check would be my first step, depending on whether or not you hear the pump prime.
Old 01-31-2023, 06:17 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for follow up, i was able to confirm that when cycling the key, i did not hear the pump prime. Battery is good, so that would leave relay/fuse?

Quick Reply: 95 Trans Am Stalled no start??