General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Oil analysis results with German Castrol 0w30

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2005, 10:38 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry for bumping an old thread but any oil test results Patman?
Old 03-06-2005, 11:26 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Frosty
Sorry for bumping an old thread but any oil test results Patman?
Yep, I posted them a few weeks ago. Here is the link:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generation-iii-internal-engine/280043-newest-feb-22-oil-analysis-my-c5-using-german-castrol.html
Old 03-29-2005, 02:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I sure hope that GC really works as good as everyone says it does. I bought some last night and it cost nearly $6 a quart. I talked to the store clerk and he looked at me like I was stupid or something by talking about it like it was different than the American Castrol. I am currently running M1 10W-40 and will change my oil this weekend. I'll do an oil analysis and let everyone know how it went with the M1. I may even have to print this thread and show the guys at Autozone what the real difference about GC is. I think that if I show him this along with Patman's analysis compared to my M1 analysis (which will probably not be near as good) I can get him to purchase more GC and get him to advertise it. He'd be surprised how much it will sell if he had the analysis comarisons at the front counter. I'm just worried that if I start using this GC and it works great that my Autozone will quit selling it. I just hope that GC 0W-30 is not too thin for my climate, especially with it getting hotter down here. Our average highs for the summer are from 85 to 100. Guess I can try it out and let you know how it goes. Thanks for the advise Patman.
Old 04-26-2005, 09:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

I think I may have found some in KMart, BUT while it says Porsche approved, etc, it says "Made in USA" on it. Is this the same?? BTW all they had was 10-30 and 5-50. I think on my next day off I will head across the border to Canada as the town I live in is pretty small and I have exhausted all places. Yeah at every auto parts store I went to they all thought I was strange to be "....lookin for Castrol from Germany....???" (their words, not mine). Is there someplace you can order it online if I can't find it locally?? Thanks.
Old 04-27-2005, 12:23 AM
On The Tree

i work at Valvoline Instand Oil Change (not much to be proud of) but my car sees a new oil change once a week like every 200 miles....:-d hopefully my car will last a while....
Old 04-27-2005, 12:23 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Prophecy
i work at Valvoline Instand Oil Change (not much to be proud of) but my car sees a new oil change once a week like every 200 miles....:-d hopefully my car will last a while....

Is that safe?
Old 04-27-2005, 08:10 AM
11 Second Club

even if its cheap or free there is no use in that at all.
Old 04-27-2005, 11:51 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by super_fro_daddy
I think I may have found some in KMart, BUT while it says Porsche approved, etc, it says "Made in USA" on it. Is this the same?? BTW all they had was 10-30 and 5-50. I think on my next day off I will head across the border to Canada as the town I live in is pretty small and I have exhausted all places. Yeah at every auto parts store I went to they all thought I was strange to be "....lookin for Castrol from Germany....???" (their words, not mine). Is there someplace you can order it online if I can't find it locally?? Thanks.
The Castrol you found at KMart isn't the GC that everyone else is using. The key is for it to say "Made in Germany". All Castrol Syntec is Porsche approved, BMW approved, etc. The GC will only come in 0W-30. The bottle looks slighly different than the American made stuff. If you look at this post on page 2 and thread 28, you will see what to look for.

Quick Reply: Oil analysis results with German Castrol 0w30