General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

turn signals not working

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2005, 06:29 AM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mike,

I got under the car yesteray before you posted and found this very thing to be true. The turn signal flasher is on the right and the hazards are on the left.

Thanks!

Guys,

Let me go back to my problem. One day driving down the road I blew the 10amp fuse for the ICP(cluster panel). At first I thought damn, but realized that it might be that fuse and sure enough it was. Well I drove a light ways and blew another. This continued until it got to where I had to put the fuse in to start the car and then pull it out to save the fuse. Well and friend and I got to looking at the GM manuals and found that the fuse goes to a modulator. I then looked in the boook for a location in the car and it told me behind the stereo. The question came up before, what had I done to the car? The answer was a stereo install years ago. Well I then pull out the stereo and if you are sitting in the driver seat and looking about a 45 degree angle in the hole where the stereo was, you will see a module connected to the fire wall. PN#: 10407669. I picked this up and turned it over to inspect the wires. I found blue wire burnt. I taped it up and have yet to blow another fuse.

Now about a week before fixing the fuse I noticed the left turn signal was acting weird and I thought it was related. Once the fuse problem was fixed I found that it was a new problem. I looked at the front left bulb and it looked good but had a little burnt look to the connector and bulb. I talked to some good guys at napa and they told me to make sure the bulb was getting good contact. They were or are now. I then got to thinking about this module, so I pulled it back out again and smelt it and it had a burnt smell. I then pulled the logic board out and found a trace wire burnt!

1. If fuses are blowing, find the problem. Don't just replace fuses.
2. Check all bulbs. I was under the impression that when a bulb is bad on a GM car the blinker blinks fast. I would then think when it is solid you have a problem.
3. This module controls the DRL, Blinkers, head lamps, hazards. If you have good bulbs, I would check this out. PN#: 10407669. I would not mess with the flasher till the very last step.

I hope this helps as time to time many of you have answered questions I needed.
Old 06-14-2006, 12:01 AM
Teching In

Default my car does the same thing....

my car does almost the same thing.... but mine the right turn signal works fine but the left one turns on and stays solid all the bulbs are fine and the relay flasher is brand new so please tell me what to do next
Old 06-14-2006, 12:03 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by goneinsixtybird
my car does almost the same thing.... but mine the right turn signal works fine but the left one turns on and stays solid all the bulbs are fine and the relay flasher is brand new so please tell me what to do next

mine did the exact same thing and it ended up being a bulb i guess it was fucked up some how...... i replaced it and its works fine now
Old 06-14-2006, 06:57 AM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by goneinsixtybird
The cheapest thing is to replace the bulds, both the front and the back on the side that isn't working. If that doesn't work, you will need to possible replace the control box behind the stereo.
Old 06-16-2006, 10:51 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by SilverStreak1830
ok how bout this! lol...my front turnsignals dont work at all when i put the blinker on either side, but the rear lights just light up and stay solid..but if i put the hazards on the rears blink, but nothing up front...but, both my bulbs are good in the turn signals b/c parking lights work when i turn the switch...but my day time running lights dont work...

this just happened today! still think its the flasher?

Jon

The same exact thing just happened with my car! DRL/Turn signals will not work, but they will come on when I switch on the parking lights/headlights. Neither bulb is burnt out. Does anyone know what the problem could be?
Old 06-16-2006, 02:57 PM
Restricted User

Have you read the thread? Check and double check the buld connectors. Replace the bulds for the sake and if that doesn't do it then replace the control box behind the stereo.