General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Stupid Window Problems! (not motor)

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2005, 08:38 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stupid Window Problems! (not motor)

I'm having a problem with my drivers side window i took the door panel off and checked it out and here is my problem.. There is a Bracket where there is a roller in it and it is pop rivited to the Metal bracket of the window glass Well the bracket on the window broke and my window slides back and forth and side to side but it still goes up and down what can i do to fix this? DO i have to replace the window? can i replace the window brakcet?
Old 06-09-2005, 09:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

I had the same problem. You have to replace the bottom window track. I took it to a local glass shop and it wound up costing me 50 for parts and 40 labor=$90 bucks. I still have the bill let me know if you want the part numbers because the parts came from Chevy dealership. This isn't a fun job to replace this better left to a pro as they broke my window getting it out and had to replace it.
Old 06-09-2005, 09:39 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by NC98Z
I had the same problem. You have to replace the bottom window track. I took it to a local glass shop and it wound up costing me 50 for parts and 40 labor=$90 bucks. I still have the bill let me know if you want the part numbers because the parts came from Chevy dealership. This isn't a fun job to replace this better left to a pro as they broke my window getting it out and had to replace it.
Yes the part numbers would be awesome!
Old 06-09-2005, 12:02 PM
Launching!

anyone know these part Numbers?
Old 06-09-2005, 01:45 PM
Launching!

Nevermind I got the part from the local GM warehouse If anyone else ever haves this problem the part is called the Window Channel part number 16625875 (drivers side)

Quick Reply: Stupid Window Problems! (not motor)