General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

replacing Turn Signal bulb on 98 Camaro?

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2005 | 12:35 PM
JGA
TECH Enthusiast

Default replacing Turn Signal bulb on 98 Camaro?

Hi

Need to change the driver side turn signal bulb. No access panel from underneath on a 98. Hard to see and reach in from the top.

There appears to be 2 different bulbs. One socket mounts from the top and has a clip that is on a right angle and the other socket is much smaller near the corner of the lense assembly and goes straight in. Can anyone tell me which socket is the turn signal and also how it releases. Both sockets seem to be stuck in there prettty tight.

Thanks JA
Old 08-08-2005 | 06:51 AM
TECH Enthusiast

My Z-28 has an access panel and it's a 98, that's about the only way to get to it unless you have really small arms
Old 08-08-2005 | 01:26 PM
JGA
TECH Enthusiast

Hi

Thanks, I will have a look for it.

JA
Old 08-08-2005 | 01:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

It's got two screws that hold it on, makes life alot easier! I gotta change my bulb today too, every time it rains the dang thing blows
Old 08-08-2005 | 01:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Can anyone tell me which socket is the turn signal and also how it releases. Both sockets seem to be stuck in there prettty tight.

It's in the middle kinda facing the outside of the car I guess you could say, they just twist in, lefty loosy, righty tighty... It's a pain in the *** though
Old 08-09-2005 | 03:56 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by JGA
Hi

Need to change the driver side turn signal bulb. No access panel from underneath on a 98. Hard to see and reach in from the top.

There appears to be 2 different bulbs. One socket mounts from the top and has a clip that is on a right angle and the other socket is much smaller near the corner of the lense assembly and goes straight in. Can anyone tell me which socket is the turn signal and also how it releases. Both sockets seem to be stuck in there prettty tight.

Thanks JA
To make it easier on both of you just take out the headlight! Its 2 (10mm) bolts, the headlight assy comes out and you got full access to play with those bulbs.
good luck!
Old 08-09-2005 | 08:21 PM
JGA
TECH Enthusiast

Hi

I like removing the headlight idea. I believe it is the one with the right angle connector about in the middle of the lense body. Counter clockwise to loosen I think, but I have not tried it.

Thanks JA.

Quick Reply: replacing Turn Signal bulb on 98 Camaro?