General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

My car is being flooded help!

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2005, 08:29 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My car is being flooded help!

ok well it began slowly with some cold water dripping in. now my floor is soaked. primarily the passenger side. theres alot of water now coming into the car but i cant find the source. if anyone can help me please respond asap!
Old 08-16-2005, 08:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

could be a leaky heater core, or a lose grommet in the firewall.
Old 08-16-2005, 08:49 PM
Teching In

it seems like water or something its getting really bad now..... what about the a/c?
Old 08-16-2005, 09:07 PM
Launching!

have u been using ur A/C lately? if so u really should check the drain plug that lets condensation out of the system. ever notice when u use ur AC that ur car drips water? well if this is plugged up, it will put the water in the pass side floorboard. otherwise check ur heater core to see if it is cracked, or a hose has come loose, as stated by the gentlemen before me. good luck!!!!
Old 08-16-2005, 10:03 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Syxx613
have u been using ur A/C lately? if so u really should check the drain plug that lets condensation out of the system. ever notice when u use ur AC that ur car drips water? well if this is plugged up, it will put the water in the pass side floorboard. otherwise check ur heater core to see if it is cracked, or a hose has come loose, as stated by the gentlemen before me. good luck!!!!
yes i have seen this happen some of the nissans i work on have the pcm located under the evap box when it plugs up the water drips on the pcm causeing a bunh of trouble. Not that the pcm is located there just a thought on why there is water on the floor
Old 08-17-2005, 10:22 PM
Teching In

can anyone lead me to find a site on instructions on how to do it or if anyone knows can they describe it i would really appreciate it before my car is totalled lol. also its a 98 v6 camaro dunno if it makes a difference but yeah go v6!
Old 08-20-2005, 09:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think the best thing to do would be to jack up the car, crawl under there and look for the water drain stains to locate the drain hole. Then stick a wire hanger up in there and gently poke around. Don't jam it in there or you could damage the evap core, but that's the easiest way I can think of unless you want to pull the dash out.

You might try blowing compressed air up the drain, instead of a wire hanger.
Old 08-20-2005, 09:29 PM
Staging Lane

just pull the dash. not as hard as it seems
Old 08-20-2005, 11:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It would be nice to know how to do that, just in case. Are there any write ups or instructions?
Old 08-21-2005, 01:38 AM
12 Second Club

look for the drain on the firewall if u have a compressed air source blow into the drain but becarful all the crap blocking the drain will move and a bunch of water will come pouring out and if you are on yourback will more then likely splash in your face