General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

headlights go up and down when i lock and unlock the car now

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2005, 03:36 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default headlights go up and down when i lock and unlock the car now

Recently when i lock and unlock the car the headlights go up and down for some reason and make a bad sounding noise when they come down, it sounds like after they're full down the motor keeps trying to close them for a second or so. I was told the headlight motors may be bad, but that still doesn't explain why they're going up and down when i lock and unlock the car unless i'm missing something. Do i need to change the motors(or just turn over the gears) or is there something else wrong here like a sensor? This is on 99ta if it makes a difference
Old 08-26-2005, 07:45 PM
Teching In

Default easy fix

Mine did the same thing when the gear in my headlight motor stripped out.Here is a link that will help you out http://www.bfranker.badz28.com/headlightfix/index.htm After you fix the gear your headlights will stop making that machinegun noise and stop going up and down. there is a quick fix while you wait for a new gear.
Old 08-26-2005, 10:09 PM
Launching!

I did the free fix on mine a while back and it worked for a bit. It striped again so now i've got one of the brass gears in there so i won't have to mess with it anymore.