General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Electrical drain from "H/L DR HORN" fuse, cause/fix?

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2005, 10:22 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electrical drain from "H/L DR HORN" fuse, cause/fix?

The 'Hawk sat for 2 weeks and then I went to take her out for a joy ride over the weekend. Well when I rolled down the windows before starting it I noticed they were a little slow, look at the gauge cluster and it was around 8.5-9 ish. So I say what the hell, start'er up...Starts slow and runs like **** for about a minute. So I drive her around and charge the battery up, get her home and disconnect the old battery and put in a new Red Top and I noticed she sparked and I heard a click when hooking up...So I chased it down to the "H/L DR HORN" fuse, without it I'm pulling 11.6 millamps, with it hooked up it's pulling 90 millamps and clicks a couple of times when you let it have some juice. The popup's work fine, fast up, fast down. Does somebody have an online diagram? Possible fixes?

Thanks,
Nick
Old 09-06-2005, 09:20 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Knock, knock, house keeping.
Old 09-07-2005, 10:16 PM
ACW
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Diagram attached:
Power Distribution Schematics for ABS BAT-2, H/L DR-HORN, TCS BAT, ABS BAT SOL, LH HDLP DR, RH HDLP DR and HORN Fuses
Attached Thumbnails Electrical drain from "H/L DR HORN" fuse, cause/fix?-power-distrib-fig3.gif  

Quick Reply: Electrical drain from "H/L DR HORN" fuse, cause/fix?