General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Is this the plug for the TCS switch?

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2005, 03:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Is this the plug for the TCS switch?

My car is not equipped with TCS. Yesterday while messing with the shifter I noticed the black plug (shown below) unconnected. It comes from the same group of wires as the white plug for the cigarette lighter. I know that on TCS equipped cars, the switch is located where the small "pocket" is in my center console. I was just curious if that is what this plug would be for.

If my assumption is wrong, then what does this go to?
Old 09-25-2005, 03:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

I am looking at the service manual. I need a direct straight on picture of the open end of that Black Connector and I think I can figure it out. Post one picture of that Please.
Old 09-25-2005, 04:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

You should have a cigarette lighter in the center trim piece, and you should have a power outlet around the right side of the console, that is hot all time. Is it hooked up.
Old 09-25-2005, 04:06 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That sure looks like the plug from my TCS switch (saw it when I changed the shifter)
Old 09-25-2005, 04:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

Just a suggestion. I noticed you still have the stock shifter. One of the BEST upgrades you can do is replace it.
Old 09-25-2005, 04:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sunsetta
Just a suggestion. I noticed you still have the stock shifter. One of the BEST upgrades you can do is replace it.
Yeah, I'm working on that. I just ordered (like an hour ago) a short stick from UMI Performance. I am looking into going with a Pro 5.0 later on. I have to fix a few things on the car first.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/manual-transmission/385093-00-m6-ta-shifter-problems.html
Old 09-25-2005, 09:06 PM
12 Second Club

it probably is the TCS switch plug beacuse my car has the ASR plug up by the foglight switch, it is hooked up to a dummy switch and i have no ASR. I'm going to use the plug for something else though so it wont just be sitting there. I dont think they would remove wires and plugs from a harness on an assembly line, once it gets down to the options is when they either put the switch and TCS realted hardware in but the wiring will probably be the same on every car, just not hooked up.
Old 09-27-2005, 07:36 PM
TECH Regular

Don't know all the parts, but just putting the switch in will not give you a functional TCS.

If you search on TCS, you'll find a complete list of the parts needed to have a functional TCS, it's not cheap.