General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

noise from rear when compresed?

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2005, 06:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I remember reading thread after thread about this last winter. When it gets cold they start making noise. I'm looking for some of the good posts I remember reading.
Old 10-27-2005, 06:59 PM
Banned

ya i had a friend push on the car and u cant quite tell where its coming from till you put your ear on the piece to pin point it, i just ordered up some bushings from byunspeed. damn good deal
Old 10-27-2005, 08:50 PM
Staging Lane

This is kind of funny because I just started hearing a "creaking" tonight when making turns (both L and R) kind of hard. However, it does not "creak" when I push the car down on the quater panel. What's not funny is that I installed new shocks (Bilsteins), new LCA's, new SFC (SLP), new panhard rod (SLP), and new sway bar (1LE) with new end links and rubber insulators. I think and hope it is the sway bar because I only hear it when the chasis rolls from side to side when I corner. Tomorrow I am going to try and hone in on this and I'll let you guys know what I find. Thanks for all of the valuable info. Not for nothing, I am getting my *** kicked trying to find and fix all of these rattles and squeaks. Whenever I fix one, two more show up somewhere else! I ain't gonna give up though- gotta git 'er done!!
Old 10-28-2005, 09:39 AM
Banned

sounds like it may be sway bar disconnects