General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

jerking at low RPMs, stubborn O2 problems

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2005, 11:07 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Check your fuses for a blown engine sensore fuse. I think thats what its called. I have seen that caused from o2 wires touching the header and getting melted.
Old 10-16-2005, 11:29 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It sounds like the same thing thats been happening to my ride....98 Z. Only it happens only at and in between 1500-2000 rpm's. Once i punch it to get out of that range im good. Check and see if it only does it at a certain range....a couple of us on here have close to the same symptoms....one says 02's ( obviously notin your case ) and others say it's a tunning issue. Either way if u find out let us know what the prob was and ill do the same..good luck
Old 10-16-2005, 11:39 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You're in TX; aren't there a lot of good LS1 places around? You'd have to take it to a performance place because mechanics won't care about your problem. They'll change the fuel filter or something and call it fixed.
Old 10-17-2005, 02:46 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Check your IAC (Idle Air Control Module) and look over your ECT sensor(engine coolant temp) My ECT is broke but a hair where it joines the brass fitting and it is causing stumpling, hard starts, and acting like the fuel is cutting off and on at all kinds of speed now. If your throwing any trouble codes? mine didnt for awhile until Today when i discovered the ECT is broke, has been running bad for near 2 weeks now. If you are getting a SES light go to AutoZone and have them scan it...its free and may point u in the right direction.