General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Drivers Side Headlight Stays Down

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2005, 05:56 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Drivers Side Headlight Stays Down

About a couple months ago i installed the Brass gear on my drivers side and it workd fine. But after i installed the gear i noticed whenever i washed my car or it rained it would take a while before my drivers side headlight would go up. Now recently no matter what i do my drivers side light will not go up at all no matter how many times i turn the light activation switch. What should i do? So now at night i drive around with 1 headlight up and thats the passenger side and i can hardly see ****. And i don't have the money right now to buy a headlight motor.
-Joel
Old 11-01-2005, 08:28 PM
8 SEC SLOPPY SHOT!!!

Check the headlamp harness were they connect into a plug.Pull it apart and look for crossion thats were i had my problems.
Old 11-01-2005, 09:31 PM
TECH Addict

What steps would i take if i find that the plugs are corroded?
-Joel
Old 11-01-2005, 09:47 PM
8 SEC SLOPPY SHOT!!!

Test light check for power on both sides of plug.I ended up cuting off the plug and just wiring it direct without plug.Usely when you dissconnect plug you will see a green crap in the plug.More than likey that will be your problem.
Old 11-02-2005, 05:14 PM
TECH Addict

Alright then, thanks for your help.
-Joel
Old 11-04-2005, 01:45 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by tuff
Test light check for power on both sides of plug.I ended up cuting off the plug and just wiring it direct without plug.Usely when you dissconnect plug you will see a green crap in the plug.More than likey that will be your problem.
I agree, this could be the problem. If you don't have a test light like I me then you can move the plugs to the direction where they would make contact with the other connector. I found the plug that was fried so I did the same, I made a straight connection using connectors that I bought from auto zone. Also make sure you didn't over tighten the nut that goes to the t-30 screw. You know the two screws that hold your headlight from the top. One time I changed out the plastic gear for the brass one, but over tightened that nut. By overtightening it, I stripped the brass gear because it was over working the gear, so becareful with that. That's probably why I fried one of the plugs. One time or another we all become headlight repair masters.