General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

My Dealer. Jeez.

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2005, 12:34 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default My Dealer. Jeez.

I had some warranty work done on my 02 Z28 recently and wow does my dealer need to get their act together. They replaced the roof (bubbles in paint), did a pinion seal, and replaced the o-ring in the oil sump tube (The car ticks a little when it's cold). They took forever and did a shitty job on most everythingthey touched!

Along with the other stuff the car was in for, it was making a creeking noise when the car was bounced. It was obvious to me that it was coming from the rear sway bar. I told them my thoughts on this and suggestewd that they lube the bushing and end links.

I call then up after a long period of not hearing from them and they tell me that they creaking noise is coming from the passenger side rear coil spring. I ask if they'll replace both and they say no just one. Ya whatever, I say.

So I get the car back. The interior is filthy from the roof replacement and there are a few flaws in the paint job. They racked up around 100 miles on the car, joy riding I guess. There's a new dent in the rocker panel. The car still ticks. And the creaking noise coming from the back of the car is still there.

It took so long for them to do the work and the quality sucked so bad that I just wanted the car back, never to return to them.

I get home and start going over the car, trying to cure the creaking noise myself. I drop the rear sway bar and goop up the end links with silicone lube and quess what? Creaking noise cured.

The dealer told me that I should just live with the ticking noise, or they could take it apart but it would probably not ne covered by the warranty. WTF?

I'm going to try another dealer for the ticking (lifters) and see what they say.

At this point I think I'm ready to say the hell with the dealer BS and mod the car out.

LT headers, a cam, lifters and other associated valve train parts will be installed and hopefully the ticking will go away.

Sorry fo rthe long post. Rant over!
Old 11-04-2005, 01:11 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i ******* hate dealerships i probably know more than the dumb bastards that work there, i know how you feel it sucks
Old 11-04-2005, 01:17 PM
TECH Resident

Yeah I feel your pain. Call the Chevy number and complain. Get them to redo the paint on the roof if its so shitty. I would not stand idely by with any of that BS.
Old 11-04-2005, 08:52 PM
12 Second Club

^ they wont really do anything , or find a way to blame it on you
Old 11-04-2005, 10:39 PM
TECH Addict

Yeah, when I confronted them about the dent and the milelage they just said it's not possible. I said to the manager, so you think I'm making this up? He then mumbled some more spin control BS. What ever!

And another thing! I won't go into detail on the rental but they said it would be free of charge, then Enterprise bills my credit card billed close to $1,000. I told them there was no fawking way I was paying for that, I disputed the charge and my credit card people sorted it out. I'll never go back to that place, unless I have a case of eggs with me
Old 11-05-2005, 02:52 AM
ACW
TECH Veteran

Horrendous

Post the name, city, and state of the dealership so other people know to avoid them
Old 11-05-2005, 10:44 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by ACW
Horrendous

Post the name, city, and state of the dealership so other people know to avoid them
In today's litigious society I'd rather not post their name on here. Anyone should feel free to send me a PM for more specific info.

I will pass on the good words I've heard about another Mass dealer, Tom Chevrolet. Most people speak highly of that place.