General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Car dead after custom deck install.

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2005, 08:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default WTF! Car completely dead day after new deck install.

I had a Clarion DXZ945MP installed with Maptechs Custom lighted Camaro SS bezel and some Alpine SPS 170s at a shop yesterday. Got the car back at 6 Thursday and was very impressed but notcied things sounded..different. Turns out later on that night it dawned on me that he had somehow disconnected some of the most important speakers...the Subs right behind the door so all i was getting was the front door speaker and the useless sail panel speakers. Well I had an early 7:30 morning meeting this morning so I couldnt take it back to the shop ...the car was perfectly fine and the stereo workedfine. Well, after getting out of the meeting at 9:30 I went home and slept until I went out to drive to work at 3:45. The car was completely dead. Nothing. No starter even trying to engage. No lights coming on...no gauges moving....not the slightest bit of evidence that the damn car had a battery in it at all. Now I have never heard of a battery just completely dying instantly...but could this be the prblem? Or has the shop that wired this up completely fried someting in my car? Is their anyway he culd have wired it where the car could somehow be continuously draining the battery? Please help me here as Im seriously freaked the hell out. Thanks for any help.
Old 11-04-2005, 08:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Car dead after custom deck install.

Should have posted this here but I wasnt thinking. Here is the link.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=404920

I have found since posting this that the battery IS completely dead. The battery is an 8 year battery and is only one year old. What gives?
Old 11-04-2005, 09:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think you called it. They probably mixed up some wires that caused your battery to die.
Old 11-04-2005, 09:41 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Whisper
I had a Clarion DXZ945MP installed with Maptechs Custom lighted Camaro SS bezel and some Alpine SPS 170s at a shop yesterday. Got the car back at 6 Thursday and was very impressed but notcied things sounded..different. Turns out later on that night it dawned on me that he had somehow disconnected some of the most important speakers...the Subs right behind the door so all i was getting was the front door speaker and the useless sail panel speakers. Well I had an early 7:30 morning meeting this morning so I couldnt take it back to the shop ...the car was perfectly fine and the stereo workedfine. Well, after getting out of the meeting at 9:30 I went home and slept until I went out to drive to work at 3:45. The car was completely dead. Nothing. No starter even trying to engage. No lights coming on...no gauges moving....not the slightest bit of evidence that the damn car had a battery in it at all. Now I have never heard of a battery just completely dying instantly...but could this be the prblem? Or has the shop that wired this up completely fried someting in my car? Is their anyway he culd have wired it where the car could somehow be continuously draining the battery? Please help me here as Im seriously freaked the hell out. Thanks for any help.
well the only possible reason would be if they wired your radio constant. IF they did so , ur radio would be on no matter if the car is on or off. But u would notice this. Other than that, get ur battery and alternator checked at Kragen for free and go back to the shop after that so they cant give u the "batteries DIE" speech that I preach every know and then.
Old 11-07-2005, 05:06 PM
Staging Lane

Replace the battery....."The battery is an 8 year battery and is only one year old". Did you get it from wal-mart. Damn those arkansas bastards.

If you left the keys in the ignition throughout the whole install, any running lights or accessories could have killed the battery. You could just charge it enough to start the car and let it charge itself from there on out, or you could replace it. It is entirely up to you.