General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Driver's side window stopped working

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2005, 09:35 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Driver's side window stopped working

I'm pretty upset about this

My windows have both always been pretty slow (stupid FBodies ) with my driver's side slower than my passenger one.

But tonight my driver's side window pretty much pooped on me. It slowed WAY down and then eventually stopped, rolled half-way down. But after 20 seconds, it would work for maybe an inch. So I finally got it all the way up, but it took a few minutes.

So what could be the culprits here? I'll provide any more details if necessary.
Old 11-12-2005, 03:53 AM
TECH Addict

It's a known fact that GM undersized the window motors for the weight of the windows

They all go out sooner or later. Only way to fix is to replace window motors. Most people get the Seimens Window Motors from Autozone.

Might as well replace both at the same time since the other side is going to go out eventually...

If you do a search you will come up with tutorials on how to replace the motors - not really that hard. I replaced both of mine on my 2K WS6 right around 30K miles.

-Jay-
Old 11-12-2005, 11:17 AM

Window motor is gone. Needs replacing. they aer cheap on ebay. It heats up and stops working, then cools and will work a little. will eventually stop all together. I think ls1howto.com has a how to on replacing them.